As School gets underway this week in the Land of Enchantment, here are a few reminders for your students:
1. Don’t talk to strangers.
2. Don’t take anything from strangers.
3. Don’t go anywhere with someone you don’t know.
4. Stay more than an arm’s reach from strangers. 5. If you are approached by a stranger, seek help immediately.
6. Trust your instincts, if you feel you are being followed or something is not right, seek help immediately.
7. Use the buddy system, avoid walking anywhere alone.
8. Review contact telephone numbers and home safety practices.
9. When seeking help, always go to a trusted adult – teacher, coach, police officer, other parent, or older siblings.
10. If a stranger grabs you, do everything you can to stop him or her from pulling you away. Drop to the ground, kick, hit, bite, and scream. Do whatever it takes to attract the attention of others who can help you. If someone is dragging you away, scream, “this is not my dad,” or “this is not my mom.”
11. Report any suspicious activity to your local school and police department.
Have a safe and successful school year!
There are no comments yet.